Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello Blogger World -- Have some Brownies!!!

Well, Hello Blogger World!!!!  I've been planning to start this blog for a while now.  I finally found a name that I liked and decided which blogging site to use.  I'm not really sure how this blog will turn out, or what course it will take, but there's only one way to find out.  Have to jump in the deep end and go from there.  So here it is!

It's been crazy lately.  For one, I'm pregnant!  Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited about it!! I really am, but I'm so not excited about all the crazy hormones, feeling sick, and mood swings that go with it.  I am almost out of my first trimester, so, according to my pregnant and previously pregnant friends, it should be looking up soon.  Bring on the 2nd trimester! I have been wanting brownies for a while now, and I finally got around to actually making them since I have all the stuff here.  Cheesecake Swirl Brownies to be exact.  And boy are they delicious!! :)  The recipe is from a Holiday Deserts cookbook, and I modified it well just because I can and what's cooking/ baking with out experimenting :)  

Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 if using a glass pan, which I did)

Line a 9x13 pan with foil (or parchment) and grease

 Microwave chocolate and Butter on high for 2 minutes or until melted

Stir until chocolate is completely melted.  Add 1 1/2 cup sugar (recipe calls for 2c, I used less and the final product is still plenty sweet).  Stir until well blended,

 Add 4 eggs, mix well. 

 Stir in 1 cup flour ( I used Gluten Free All Purpose this time.  It is equally delicious with whole wheat or regular all purpose flour) until well blended, Spread evenly into pan.

For the cheesecake part-- put 8oz of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat) the remaining sugar ( I used 1/3c instead of 1/2c), the remaining flour (1/4 cup) and last egg.  Mix, Mix, Mix! 

 Plop the cheesecake mix onto the chocolate part...
Gently cut through with a knife to make it all swirly and such.

Like so.  Bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick or like object come out clean.  They look and smell amazing, but you're gonna want to wait a little so you don't burn yourself! See, just out of the oven, nice close up of the deliciousness!

Cut and enjoy. :) 

Brought some to work with me, because I just can't eat a whole pan of those with out  making myself fat or sick.  They appreciate my baking =P

Baker's One Bowl Cream Cheese Brownies

4 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate
3/4 Cup butter
2 1/2 cup sugar, divided
5 eggs, divided
1 1/4 cups flour, divided
1 package (8oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened

Heat oven to 350 Degrees F

Line a 9x13 pan with foil (or parchment) and grease

Microwave chocolate and Butter on high for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add 2 cups of sugar; stir until well blended. Add 4 eggs; mix well. Stir in 1 cup flour until well blended; spread into prepared pan.

Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar, egg, and flour in same bowl with whisk until well blended. Spoon over brownie batter; swirl gently with kine.

Bake 35-40 Minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs ( Do not over bake) Cool completely.  Use foil to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve

There is the original recipe!  The changes that I made are in the steps above with the pictures.  I found them plenty sweet without the full amount of sugar.  I hope you all enjoy it too!  This baby is tired though, so nighty night all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment