Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nap time with Hot Cocoa!

I don't think I've said it on here before, but crazy baby is a terrible sleeper.  Seriously.  She fought an hour long nap yesterday for 3 hours!  I'm not even kidding.  She sleeps in a carrier(Lillebaby complete) because if I try to lay her down she wakes up.  Instantly.  Then there is NO HOPE of getting her back to sleep for hours!  This carrier is a lifesaver.  I would die without it.  Not even kidding.  She is asleep in it right now.  After a half hour nap this morning, was up for 3 and a half hours, yawning and rubbing her eyes the whole time.  And fussing.  And crawling in my lap.  Anyway.  Crazy is asleep.

I am freezing today!  Two cups of hot tea, oatmeal, hot cheese covered cauliflower; none of it helped.  Hot chocolate seems to be doing the trick. However, while I was trying to get the champion sleep fighter out, it cooled off.  I would microwave it, but that would most likely wake her up and I would rather chew off my arm than wake her up.  Which really wouldn't do any good since she is attached to me.  Back to this hot chocolate.  It is amazing.  The original recipe came from here /Best-ever Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe- Cooks Country.
You have to log in for some trial or subscribe or something.  I didn't have time for that, so my dad just emailed the recipe to me.  I love my daddy!  I changed the recipe, because that's what I do.  I'm sure it would have been great the way it was, but I wanted a creamier cocoa.  I find that adding pudding mix makes it just the right amount of creamy.  Also using whole milk powder instead of low fat whatever stuff.  My recipe!

3 cups Nido Whole milk powder (found at Wal-mart in the international food isle)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder  (I used Hershey's Dark Chocolate cocoa powder)

1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 box chocolate fudge pudding mix**

Combine ingredients in large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until chocolate is finely ground. Store in airtight container for up to 3 months. 

To make hot cocoa, stir 1/3 cup of this mix (give or take depending on how chocolaty you want it) into 1 cup of hot water (or hot milk if you used non-fat dry milk powder). Top with whipped cream or mini marshmallows. (or a bunch of ghost marshmallows left over from Halloween ^_^)

**  I have also used Cookies and Cream pudding mix- Yum-O  It doesn't matter if there are chunks of cookie in it because you run it through the food processor anyway.   You can really use any kind of pudding.  White chocolate, cheesecake, what ever tickles your fancy.  

I used all of the mix.  I need more; stat! 

Peace, love and hot chocolate. 

P.S. as I type this I am eating Gooey S'more cookie dough.  I will post that recipe later ;)  Amazing.  
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment